Durlston prides itself on the warmth and inclusiveness of the ‘Durlston family’ which refers not only to our pupils but to their families too.
Parents’ Association Events
There is a full calendar of events which is thoroughly enjoyed by pupils, parents, staff, family and friends. They are an excellent way to bring parents together socially.
In addition to the whole school events, each year group has a Parent Rep who arranges informal activities for groups to come together, such as parent coffee mornings and opportunities for families to meet up in the holidays.
Recent popular events include:
- Christmas Fair
- Informal Coffee Mornings
- Quiz and Curry Night
- Parents vs Staff Annual Football Match
- The Summer Social
- Summer Fair
- Breakfast Socials
As parents we feel that we are part of this family along with our son!
Durlston has a thriving Parents' Association. All Durlston parents are automatically members. A committee is voted in every year, but all parents are welcome to join and get involved even if they only have a small amount of time. The Parents’ Association aims to…
- Organise events that add to the feeling of belonging to the ‘Durlston family’.
- Create opportunities for children and their families to have fun and meet new people.
- Raise funds for additional equipment and resources that will directly benefit the children in school and enrich their experience.
- Fundraise for local charities.
In addition to a full calendar of events for existing Durlston family we also run events throughout the year which are open to our extended family – our community.
In the past these have included:
- Teddy Bears’ Picnic in our Forest School
- Design and Technology for Pre-Schoolers
- Sporty Fun for Pre-Schoolers
- 'A Plastic Ocean' film screening
- Singing workshop for local schools