- The dedicated Middle Prep building is home to children in Years 3 -5. Dedicated form teachers and Middle Prep support staff provide constant friendly welcoming faces to guide and nurture the children both socially and academically. We come together regularly as a year group, as Middle Prep, as Houses and as a whole school to reflect, share and discuss thoughts and feelings fostering respectful relationships.
- The outdoor space known as ‘The Reef’ is a popular area for children to socialise and form wonderful friendships and at break times you will often see the children tending to their vegetables in their garden and greenhouse. It is through this sense of independence and responsibility that our children develop the personal qualities that make Durlstonians so uniquely recognisable.
- Visits to ‘The Den’ - our Forest School, are much anticipated and while the children are cooking on the campfire, building dens and creating natural works of art they are developing teamwork, communication and resilience.
- A highlight of the year is the Middle Prep production, the children discover the powerful sense of teamwork as they work together to practise their lines, hone their acting skills and rehearse the songs - it is always a delight to see them grow in confidence.
- The Middle Prep children are thoroughly committed to helping our wider community and are full of enthusiasm when it comes to their fund-raising initiatives. With the support of the Middle Prep team they work together to see their ideas come to fruition - from plant sales to friendship bracelet making and ukulele busking they are full of pride when they are able to help others.
- When the school day is finished there is a wide range of clubs and activities on offer - a chance to try something new. From gardening to cookery, to chess and dance, there really is something for everyone.
We would be delighted to welcome you for a visit, there is always something exciting to see!